Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Jay and Meredith together Forever

So exactly 1 week ago two of my best friends got engaged to each other. I have known Jay for I guess 2 years because we do (well I guess we did, still getting used to this graduated business) music together at RUF. During his sophomore year we became pretty good friends. He is one of the kindest most genuine guys I've ever met and I'm so thankful for him as a friend. Meredith transfered to Georgia Second semester of last year right after they got back together, and I remember thinking hmmm who is this girl thats dating my friend. But, at the beginning of my senior year I dont really know how but we just sort of became friends and I cannot express how glad I am about that.

I've said this a lot, but this year has just not been easy for me. Jay and Mere as individuals and as a couple have loved me so well this year. They have understood, encouraged and just comforted me when I was hurting so deeply. More than that they have made me excited for maybe one day trusting somebody to love me the way that they love each other. Where I had a huge opportunity to to turn to bitterness and cynicsm they truly were an example of what I hope, not that they're perfect but that they seek Jesus and then seek each other and I am so excited for their wedding and marriage. I am so thankful for them both and could not love them more.

It was truly an honor when Jay asked me to hide in the bushes to take pictures of their engagement. It was also kind of hilarious, because I was hiding alone in the bushes on north campus just kinda crying and taking pictures with my huge camera... but alas here are some of the pictures of their engagement. I love you guys! Can't wait to keep celebrating your relationship over the next few months.

Also- you should know that we have all known he was going to propose for roughly a month or more and she had no idea. He picked her up from her last final and took her for a walk on north campus, where I was hiding.
 Right before. She said she knew he was going to propose after this because she could hear his heart beating so fast.

 She got behind a tree which was sorta difficult from my vantage point but look at her face! She just had no idea this was coming.
 putting the ring on herself. classic.









No comments:

Post a Comment