Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Staying in Switzerland.

So- it is official, I will be living in Switzerland studying at L'Abri fellowship until December. This is a long and complicated story I may try to avoid the gory details of it all but essentially, I have decided that the healthiest and most appealing option for me is to stay here.

The process started when a few very treasured and wonderful friends posed to me that it may be good for me to continue the learning that I am doing here. I didn't take them seriously at all. Then, slowly, very slowly, I loosened my grip on the plan that I was so determined to achieve. That plan, has just been postponed. So originally I had planned to move to Chattanooga in August and start my masters in marriage and family therapy. The only difference is that I will be doing that in January now.

Studying at L'Abri has been one of the most enriching, challenging and encouraging experiences in my life. I have uncovered so many questions and flaws in my thinking that I am so thankful to grow from. I decided I wasn't ready to leave, and even more that I wasn't even close to ready to move to Chattanooga and face all that the city has for me.

The Lord is gracious in revealing himself to me through people and places, prayers and so many other things.

I sincerely hope that those of you who read this are not hurt I have not informed you personally. I had no idea how to tell everybody with very limited internet access. So, please forgive the informal, impersonal nature of this message. It was a quick decision, literally from breakfast to dinner I changed my entire life. Gratitude seems such a trite word to describe how thankful I am for the people, parents and siblings who have supported me in this. Love you you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment